5 Saving Tips for Travelers


1.) Set a travel fund.


-Saving can be difficult especially if you your salary is just enough for your monthly responsibilities. But saving doesn’t mean you need to put a big amount of cash in your savings account. Every centavo you save is worth it and it does count. So just put any amount and you will be surprise at the end of the day how much all that centavos will accumulate. In my case, I save the old way. Yes. THE. OLD. WAY. I’m still using a coin bank. Funny how exciting it is to open it after months, or years of saving. 





2.) Shop only when you need it.


-I’m not a big fan of shopping malls. I do shop but when it comes to it, I always put in mind what comes first. If I really need it, then that’s the time I will buy. If there’s a big sale, then I buy things that will surely last for years. Buy things with good quality. It can be expensive most of the time, but believe me, you will save a huge amount of money for something that has good quality, and that lasts for a very long time. 





3.) Live cheap. 


-When I say live cheap, it means live simply! If someone buys new gadgets, you don’t have to imitate what’s “IN”. One example is mobile phones. No need to buy new models every year. If your mobile is still working, save your money for something that is really worth it. Yes, you can buy a new phone but next year, it will be an old model because there will be latest again. And by the way, STAY AWAY FROM CREDIT CARDS. 





4.) Always check for promos. 


-Many are asking how do I purchase cheap tickets. Simple. Download MOMONDO, SKYSCANNER, CLEARTRIP, and EXPEDIA apps. Check the rates of your desired flights and compare it to other third party sites or you can check the airline website itself. This will show you how much will be the difference for the fares. Don’t forget also to compare what is included for the said prices like how many kilograms of baggage, the fare rules, etc. You don’t need to go to travel agencies for the booking of your tickets. 

Additionally, register yourself for the airline miles if you are a frequent flyer. Air miles can accumulate and will give you free flights and discounts in the future. 


-For hotels, I usually book using AGODA  I save a lot from them and AGODA Rewards has been very helpful! I got lots of discounts using it. Register now and you can enjoy free mileage also for their partner airlines. 😊





5.) Work hard, but don’t overwork yourself.


-Yes! I always do overtime before. Just to save an extra amount for my travel fund without touching my basic salary. See guys? My overtime fees made wonders! 😂 Some people question me, how on Earth I can afford to always travel?! My answer? I work. Since I’m working my butt out, don’t I deserve a break? Seriously, working on a medical environment can be very stressful. But in my case, looking forward to my next travel made it a lot easier. Time flies if you’re counting down on your next destination. So try it. If you don’t want to be exhausted from work, go and find ways on how to relax yourself. Believe me, you will be recharge and ready to face another work day after it. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schengen Visa Application Guide in Dubai

The DEAD SEA Floater

NEPAL: A Country You Can Call Home Part 2 (Pokhara)