A Glimpse of North Korea

So last 2016, I went to South Korea alone to explore one of my dream countries! I’m a huge fan of K-dramas and Korea has been on my bucket list since time immemorial. 






I got the chance to visit the Demilitarized Zone. It is a strip of land running across the Korean Peninsula. It is established by the provisions of the Korean Armistice Agreement to serve as a buffer zone between the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) and the Republic of Korea (South Korea). The demilitarized zone (DMZ) is a border barrier that divides the Korean Peninsula roughly in half. It was created by agreement between North Korea, China and the United Nations in 1953. The DMZ is 250 kilometres (160 miles) long, and about 4 kilometres (2.5 miles) wide. (Thanks Wikipedia!) 


I was so excited to explore the DMZ. What will you do if there is an opportunity to see tiny part of North Korea?! Of course you will grab the opportunity. Was it safe? Yes! It is safe. DMZ is under United Nations and everyone who is entering the said zone will be on the UN’s list. I can really feel the tension between the 2 countries in the border and I didn’t even know what to expect if ever I get to see NoKor. By the way, make sure to bring your passport with you because they will inspect it on the bus. 


I booked my tour from the hotel I stayed. It was fun coz I get to meet different nationalities in one bus! Mostly were Germans and Americans, and I think there were only 3 Filipinos including myself.


Itineraries 


*Third Infiltration Tunnel

*Imjingak

*Dora Observatory 

*Dorasan Station



Check out some of my DMZ and North Korea snippets. 



Dorasan Station 








If there is train to Busan, there is also train to Pyongyang! 


North Korea as seen from Dora Observatory (Those green buildings are what they call Propaganda Village) 


At the Dorasan Observatory 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schengen Visa Application Guide in Dubai

The DEAD SEA Floater

NEPAL: A Country You Can Call Home Part 2 (Pokhara)